Olivier, a colleague of mine organized a beertasting for us (off working hours of course :-) ).
He did a 2y course "biersommelier" so he obviously knows a lot about the subject.
This was his selection:
As I had never tasted Chimay Dorée it was quite interesting. Most of the other beers are well known but the tasting was aimed at beginners.
- Alcohol: 4.8 % ABV
- origin: Brewery Abby Notre-Dame de Scourmont - Route Charlemagne, 8, 6464 Baileux (CHIMAY) BELGIUM
- Alcohol: 6.5 % ABV
- origin: Brewery The Musketeers BVBA, Tramstraat 8, B-9910 Ursel Belgium
- Alcohol: 8.5 % ABV
- origin: Brewery St-Feuillien SA , Rue d'Houdeng 20 - 7070 Le Rœulx - Belgium
- Alcohol: 8.0 % ABV
- origin: Brewery Het Anker, Guido Gezellelaan 49, B-2800 Mechelen, Belgium
- Alcohol: 9.2 % ABV
- origin: Abbaye Notre-Dame de Saint-Remy, B-5580 Rochefort
Did you know every 1000th bottle, the abbot at the label winks at you? (thanks for the info, Harri)